City of White Oak

General Information and FAQ

Where can I find information about registered sex offenders in White Oak?

The White Oak Police Department maintains local registered sex offender information. This information is available to the public in the lobby of the Police Department. Statewide sex offender information is maintained by the Texas Department of Public Safety on their website.

How do I obtain open record information?

  1. According to the Texas Public Information Act, governmental bodies have 10 business days to comply with a request for public information. If a request is of a special nature and more time is needed to comply, the requestor will be notified.
  2. Public information requests may be subject to processing fees. The fee is $6.00 per accident report and $2.00 per incident report. Reports in excess of 10 pages will be charged $0.10 per page after the tenth page. When requesting an accident or incident report, send your check/money order made out to the City of White Oak and enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope. Please complete and include this form. The mailing address is found on the home page.
  3. When requesting an accident report, please provide two identifiers. This information is what a Data Management Specialist will use to locate the report, therefore as much information as possible will increase the likelihood of locating your open records.
  4. Criminal History information is not provided by the White Oak Police Department. Criminal History information may be obtained from the Texas Department of Public Safety.

How do I get a copy of a police report or an accident report?

Copies of offense reports and accident reports are available at the Police Department located at 103 E. Old Highway 80. There is a fee. For more information, call 903-759-0106.

Who do I call to see if I have any outstanding warrants?

If you believe you may have a city warrant, you should call White oak Municipal Court at 903-759-2061. If you believe you may have a county warrant, you should call the Gregg County Sheriff’s Department Warrant Division at 903-236-8440.

Who do I call to see if someone is in jail?

The White Oak City Jail is in the Police Department. The number to call is 903-759-0106. All prisoners arrested for an offense above a Class C misdemeanor are transported to Gregg County the following day. Their number is 903-236-8440.

How can I get fingerprinted?

Fingerprinting is done at the White Oak Police Department. The cost is $5.00 per fingerprint card. For more information, call 903-759-0106.

How do I compliment or complain about a White Oak Police Officer/Department Employee?

You should call the officer’s supervisor at 903-759-0106.

How do I find out how much a traffic ticket is?

You can find out how much a traffic ticket is by calling White Oak Municipal Court at 903-759-2061.

If I disagree with an officer’s traffic accident report, what can I do?

Officers are traffic accident report takers only. They assess each accident on a case by case basis. Officers make a determination as to the contributing factors on the accident but they DO NOT determine fault. If you disagree with the final accident report, you should contact the officer to discuss your concerns. The officer has the final say in how the report is written. Who pays for damage and other related costs is a matter which must be determined in civil court and/or between insurance companies. You should contact your insurance agent and/or an attorney.

I have discovered that the insurance information on the accident report is not valid. What can I do?

You may file against the driver for no insurance by going to Municipal Court and completing a complaint form against the other driver. All the information you need is contained in the accident report.

City of White Oak, Texas

Contact Information

City of White Oak
906 S. White Oak Road
White Oak, TX 75693

Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday
7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
7:30 AM - 4:00 PM

If you do not have it, download Abobe Reader here.