The White Oak Economic Development Corporation (WOEDC) was developed in 1995 when the citizens voted to approve a ½ cent sales tax to boost the economic development effort in the community. The City Coordinator (Manager) performs the role of Executive Director and organizes all economic development activities. Over the past several years White Oak EDC has continued its efforts in maintaining the quality of life in White Oak as well as increasing the tax base. White Oak EDC has been involved in many relocation projects, business retention projects, and development projects. The Board is made of seven (7) volunteer Board of Directors.
The White Oak Economic Development Corporation holds its meetings at White Oak City Hall, 906 South White Oak Road in White Oak, Texas, and support staff can be reached at (903) 759-3936.
WOEDCO Board Members
- President - Thomas Cash 2/1/18 - 1/31/20
- Vice President - Curtis Smith 2/1/18 - 1/31/20
- Dr. Barbara Ray 2/1/18 - 1/31/20
- Greg Hulett 2/1/18 - 1/31/20
- Mike Gilbert 2/1/17 - 1/31/19
- James Crump 2/1/17 - 1/31/19
- Gary Shaver 2/1/17 - 1/31/19
Board agendas and minutes are posted on the Minutes & Agendas page.